Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome!

Hello! You are probably here because you want to get fit and need some inspiration or information. I can help with that. My name is Hannah, I am a college student on a budget and with limited time. I work and study as well as have a social life and extra activities I engage myself in. I make the time for fitness and healthy eating because I am an important person who deserves to feel their best.

This brings me into my first lesson in fitness: You Deserve To Be Fit
You are a human being. You have a body and a mind and a soul and a heart. You have feelings and emotions and thoughts and they are just as important as everybody Else's. When you do something good you deserve to be proud of yourself! When you fail at something it is not truly a failure until you give up. When you give up, there is no chance of success.

 We all have follies and weaknesses, triumphs and failures, we all compete and compare ourselves with the person we see next to us. This is simply how humans work. Think: if we were still living in caves and running around trying to catch food and mate with our friends, we would want to get to the deer and the mates before anyone else did. Our competitive instinct keeps us motivated, it is when we sulk in our cave and feel ashamed that we did not catch that deer first that keeps us from looking for another deer and feeding our family. (See what I did there-it was an analogy for success).

Think about it, when you do something noteworthy, how often do you pat yourself on the back? How often do you think of yourself as a person of worth or intelligence? If you are like most people in the world-probably not very often.
As a human we tend to put ourselves down in order to motivate ourselves to do better, but think of this: if you say you did poorly at something, how likely is it that you are going to try doing it again? Probably not very likely. If someone says (or we say to ourselves) "Good job! Keep going!" then we are most likely going to be inspired to show off more of our good work and continue to reward ourselves with satisfaction of a task well-done.

So here is what I have to say, as we are all humans and all wanting to succeed, I suggest we encourage ourselves and not give up on catching a deer. Trust me, there are plenty of deer to go around. It's mind over matter, brains over brawn etc. As long as we push ourselves and don't let our mind say "I can't" or "I won't be able to", our human nature can work FOR us instead of against us and we can reach any goal. Be it fitness, or that promotion, or the A in class, or even getting up the courage to ask that REALLY cute person out on a date. If we can think it and not let our mind or negativity hold us back we can accomplish what we want to accomplish.

With that, happy fitness everybody!
Let's get a goal, and work towards it. Hang up the pictures of what you want to look like, or write a target weight on your arm. Whatever the goal, I am here to help you obtain it.
Let's get fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment